Getting Started on GCP
Getting Started with HEAVY.AI on Google Cloud Platform
Follow these instructions to get started with HEAVY.AI on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
To launch HEAVY.AI on Google Cloud Platform, you select and configure an instance.
On the solution Launcher Page, click Launch on Compute Engine to begin configuring your deployment.
To launch HEAVY.AI on Google Cloud Platform, you select and configure a GPU-enabled instance.
- 1.Search for HEAVY.AI on the heavyai-launcher-public project on Google Cloud Platform, and select a solution. OmniSci has four instance types:
- 2.On the solution Launcher Page, click Launch to begin configuring your deployment.
- 3.On the new deployment page, configure the following:
- Deployment name
- Machine type - Click Customize and configure Cores and Memory, and select Extend memory if necessary.
- GPU type. (Not applicable for CPU configurations.)
- Number of GPUs - (Not applicable for CPU configurations.) Select the number of GPUs; subject to quota and GPU type by region. For more information about GPU-equipped instances and associated resources, see GPU Models for Compute Engine.
- Boot disk type
- Boot disk size in GB
- Networking - Set the Network, Subnetwork, and External IP.
- Firewall - Select the required ports to allow TCP-based connectivity to HEAVY.AI. Click More to set IP ranges for port traffic and IP forwarding.
- 4.Accept the GCP Marketplace Terms of Service and click Deploy.
- 5.In the Deployment Manager, click the instance that you deployed.
- 6.Launch the Heavy Immerse client:
On successful login, you see a list of sample dashboards loaded into your instance.
- Record the Admin password (Temporary).
- Click the Site address link to go to the Heavy Immerse login page. Enter the password you recorded, and click Connect.
- Connect to Immerse using a web browser connected to your host machine on port 6273. For example,
- When prompted, paste your license key in the text box and click Apply.
- Click Connect to start using HEAVY.AI.